Thank you Anxiety Erica for nominating me! Check out her wonderful blog. She posts insightful one on one interviews with individuals whom are struggling with mental illness, provides helpful advice and also shares her own experiences. Very inspiring. Plus, we both share an interest in graphic novels and she introduced me to the Chew series, which I’m enjoying. ❤
The creator Okoto Enigma states it’s an award “for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.”
The rules of the award:
- Name the creator of the award and link their blog.
- Place the award logo or image within your blog post.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog in your post.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Answer your nominator’s questions.
- Nominate 10-20 people.
- Ask your nominees 5 original questions of your choice.
- Share 5 links to your best blog posts.
- Notify each of your nominees by commenting on their blog.
Three things about myself:
- I’m obsessed with skincare. I do my own chemical peels and treatments. I won’t skip a day of my routine, even if I’m exhausted or sick. I enjoy trying different products and researching ingredients. I am interested in becoming an esthetician someday.
- I was very involved in the alternative scene in my teens and twenties. It’s a mixed bag of everything. I love Industrial music and I also enjoy different genres of Metal. The scene parties were inspired by Goth, Fetish, Vamp and Rivet-heads, so my personal style was influenced by it all. I’m not into the party scene as much anymore, but I still enjoy the music and clothing. I don’t dress up as often as I used to due to work, unless I’m going out to an event. I’ve kept my bright red hair.
- I’ve loved video games since childhood. My favorites are RPG’s and survival horror. Retro RPG’s are the biggest standouts for me. Final Fantasy III, IV, Earthbound 1 & 2, Secret of Mana, Lufia II, Zelda: A Link To The Past, etc. I’m also a fan of Resident Evil, Dead Space, Silent Hill, and Bioshock. I enjoy playing Borderlands and Diablo with my hubby. I am excited to play Agony and Scorn.
My answers to Anxiety Erica’s questions:
- Where is your safe space/happy space? My apartment. It’s a small studio I share with my partner, it’s not much to look at, but it’s my sanctuary. My home. We rarely have guests over. I like to keep the energy pleasant and calm. I’ve become more of a hermit once I moved out of my family’s place and had some privacy.
- What is your favorite book and why? I’m a bookworm, so this is difficult. One of my favorite series growing up is The Vampire Chronicles (older books) from Anne Rice. I adore Lestat, he’s such a fun character. Christopher Pike’s The Last Vampire series comes in as a close second, because I loved the main character Sita. I’m really into the Rizzoli & Isles series since working in the medical field. Other favorites: Fever series (great fantasy series), The Child Thief (awesome book), Carrion Comfort (interesting concept) and most books from Neil Gaiman (amazing writer). I also love Berserk and Nana (great mangas with good stories and memorable characters).
- What emotion is hardest for you to handle? I have a lot of pent up anger. I lack patience so when I’m frustrated, it creeps up. I don’t like taking it out on other people, it can happen, but I try to catch myself before I do. It was worse as a teen. Sometimes I end up taking it out on myself and it contributes to anxiety. I try to find ways to cool down, but I have to be mindful and actively find outlets to release it.
- Tell me one thing you love about yourself. I love that despite the hardships, I manage to stay progressive as an individual by constantly learning and improving myself. I tend to be empathetic and compassionate toward others that might need guidance and support, because I know how tough it is to find genuine people these days. I try to look into the root of why people are the way they are, but I’ve also learned how to set boundaries so people won’t take advantage of my kindness.
- What is your favorite kind of tea (of coffee)? I’m a tea drinker. I like to drink different kinds, but my favorite right now is Japanese Matcha powdered tea with milk (almond/flaxseed vanilla flavored). It tastes so smooth and creamy.
Here are five questions for my nominees:
- Who is your favorite musical artist/band?
- Name one of your guilty pleasures.
- What country would you like to travel to and why?
- If you could give your younger self advice, what would you tell them?
- What inspired you to create your blog?
- Understanding Helps
- In A Messy World
- Tanya Simone Simpson
- Sara In LaLa Land
- Poems In A Coffer
- Isabella Piper
- E Denise Billups
- Chocobo Sage
- Seeing The Whisper
- My Valiant Soul
Links to my five best blog posts:
This is my first blog award, I’m very grateful. Thanks again Anxiety Erica! 😀